TO THOSE SO-CALLED CHRISTIANS WHO ARE COMFORTABLE WITH HOMOSEXUALITY and UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THOSE WHO STILL CONDEMN IT!!
by Jack Woodard on Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 6:25am
- Many so-called Christians today are more comfortable with the homosexual and his lifestyle than they are with people who still condemn Homosexuality as sin. They say that those who speak out against this evil and those who would promote it throughout our land are really harming our chances of winning the homosexual to Jesus. I have been a Christian and a Baptist Pastor for 33 years, and in those years I have given my life to win souls to Jesus and have seen hundreds come to Jesus, and yet I have never saw a sinner saved because I or anyone else made them feel good about themselves, it was always just the opposite; they were always made to understand that they were CONDEMNED ALREADY, by the Lord [John 3:18] I fear that many of these people yapping about loving the homosexual to Jesus have probably never attempted to win one soul to Jesus, and their condemning of others who stand against this evil, may be just a way to cover their evil disobedience to the Lord’s Command to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth.Those who really know the Bible and understand the sinfulness of the human heart, know that when people reached the level of rebellion and evil that the devout homosexual has reached, it was almost always impossible for Reason and Love to turn them around; it was the JUDGMENT of the LORD that they were to experience to either Break them or to Destroy them, with the latter usually being the case, and it will be no different for this generation of rebels and perverts either. And by the way, Homosexuality is just not another sin like any other sin. In the Scripture it is shown to be a LOW that a person hits, after a period of continual rebellion and progressive sinfulness, at which point, most often, “God Gives Them Up…” [Romans 1:21-32].
- I find it hard to understand how so many so-called Christians feel so comfortable and tolerant of the Homosexual and his lifestyle, when 2 Peter 2:6-8 tells us that even Backslidden Lot was VEXED by what he saw and heard while living among the Homosexuals that filled the city of Sodom. We are told in these verses that what he saw and heard daily in Sodom made him SICK; men kissing men in public, likewise women kissing women, the vile and vulgar conversations he heard as he walked the streets of Sodom sickened him; yet this generation of Laodicean Church Members are COMFORTABLE with seeing our society becoming increasingly dominated by the people and the actions that sickened backslidden Lot. Maybe it is these Lukewarm Church Members who really SICKEN the LORD. [Revelation 3:14-16]
- “Ye who LOVE the LORD, Hate Evil…” [Psalms 97:10]
- If those who call themselves Christians want to talk about LOVE, then I suggest they first talk about Loving Jesus, and as we see in Psalms 97:10, no one LOVES JESUS anymore than they HATE EVIL.
- I do not find it hard to classify Homosexuality as EVIL, yet So many who claim to Know and Love Jesus are the very ones who are condemning others for being hateful, when they condemn the lifestyle and sin of the homosexual. Let every TRUE CHRISTIAN be proud to say; GUILTY AS CHARGED!!! We Hate the Evil and so does Jesus.
- Sin put our Savior on the Cross. Our Sin was the reason Christ was crucified; the most horrific means of death that there was. [Philippians 2:8] If you had a loved one that died a horrible, painful death due to CANCER, you would hate CANCER with every fiber of your body. You would want nothing more than to see that scourge eradicated from the earth. That is the way MOTHERS AGAINST DRUNK DRIVING feel, and why they tirelessly campaign to see that laws are passed and increased against it, so it may be stopped. Yet, so many so-called Christians want to campaign against those that are campaigning to have this evil stopped. They are like the people who oppose MADD and their efforts to stop Drunk Driving. Why would they be so opposed to people who are obviously doing our society a great service? The only reasons that I can think of, is they are either greatly misinformed about the gravity of the problem, guilty of being a drunk driver themselves, or have a loved one who drinks and drives, and would rather take a chance on seeing him kill or cripple someone in a drunken wreck, than to see him pay a price for society to stop him from drinking and driving. That is the only reasons I can give why so many so-called Christians oppose those of us who want to see this evil stopped and curtailed before it destroys our land.
- It is time some Adult Christians got into this conversation and bring some clarity and sanity to this discussion. Most of the people who are speaking in the name of the Lord seem to have no clue about who Jesus really is, or what His Word really says about sin, and the sin of homosexuality in particular. Even more importantly, these people seem to have no understanding of Calvary and the terrible price Jesus paid there for their sins; the Blood He Shed to atone for their sins. It seems maybe their real problem is that they have never seen themselves as a sinner for whom Jesus died. No one who has been to Calvary could condone sin in any form, for any reason, for anyone.
- The next time you are so quick to feel comfortable with sin and so quick to condemn others who are against it, you may want to ask yourselves; How could I be so tolerant of what God is intolerant of, and for what God Spared not His Own Son for? [Romans 8:32]
1 Corinthians 2:2; 2 Corinthians 4:5-7